Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Crock pot cooking adventures


I was inspired to make soup last night for some reason - I don't know, I might have been just avoiding math homework, but I guess that's okay for one night. The giant slow cooker was excavated from its hiding place and put to use once again. It's definitely one of my favorite kitchen appliances - that and the foodsaver. Anyhow, here's a picture of the chopped veg right before it got tossed into the pot. I was inspired by Val and Alice's split pea and lentil soup, and thought I'd try it myself. Except I added bacon, so it's not vegetarian friendly.
John was bugging me about having no pictures of myself on my blog. So here I am - look at me I'm cooking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed ... with the cooking and the photos! And ... what a cutie! I'm glad you put a photo in.

Carol said...

That looks SO good; sure would like to have tasted it!! I love seeing the wonderful photos of the two of you, and your surroundings. Thanks so much for sharing.